Wednesday 17 December 2008

Dodgy District Line

The Tube is a marvellous thing ... when it's working that is. The District Line, which takes me directly to Westminster, has proven rather troublesome. Last week I got as far as Whitechapel (all of 2km!) before being held on the platform for 20 minutes or more because of a fire alert at the next station and then having the train withdrawn from service and the whole line suspended!

The very next night I boarded a District Line train at Westminster for the journey home and got exactly nowhere ... the train was held at the platform and subsequently the line was suspended again! Most frustrating. This forced me to take the Jubilee Line, whereupon I had my first encounter with an aggressive/rude traveller. Given that the train was jam-packed (nothing unusual) I had to squeeze through to get off and change to the Central Line, and must have accidently pushed a fellow commuter. This young man gave me quite a push and started swearing profusely at me ... I don't understand why people have to be so aggressive? What happened to courtesy and understanding? He clearly had some sort of chip on his shoulder!

No comments: